Cafe Team Member
Working as part of our customer-facing team you will ensure that high quality and great value food and drinks are prepared and served to cafe customers from a clean, safe, and welcoming environment. You will have general duties associated with being a cashier, food runner, food prep helper, and will need simple barista skills. We also are looking for promotion work and engagement with people throughout the community, who don’t necessarily use the cafe everyday, encouraging them to come in and try eating a variety of food.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Preparing and serving food, making coffee and tea and collecting money.
- Ensuring the cafe is fully stocked and can meet the menu at all times, notifying the Shift Manager or Kitchen Staff of any shortage.
- Clean the cafe areas, inside and outside and ensure they are safe and hygienic at all times.
- Check that all cafe facilities, equipment or furnishings are in good order and report any damage.
- Follow the normal operating plan, ensuring correct opening and closing times and setting up and clearing down as required.
- Assist with preparing food for events, ensuring these are ready on time and correct.
- Monitor any expenditures, low stock, wastage and use-by dates.
- Ensure the completion of daily financial paperwork and cash handling and that all expenditures are covered by an invoice or sales receipt.
- Respond promptly and professionally to any customer feedback, comments or complaints. Report all complaints to the owner or shift manager.
- Welcome anyone who enters the building when you are on shift when the front area is not manned, even if you are busy with other tasks.
- Uphold the highest standards of health and safety, cleanliness and professionalism and use your own initiative to respond quickly to issues or challenges that may arise when you are on duty.
- Act as a rep of our brand, be inspiring to customers to engage in the other services we provide and understand our company’s mission statement.
- Take on any other duties as would be expected of a cafe worker and team member.
Cafe Team Member – Personal Specification
We want to meet you, if you are…
- Passionate about delivering a high quality food and drinks
- Friendly, cheerful, positive and a motivated teammate
- Education: must have a high school diploma or GED. College or some college a plus
- Experience of working in a cafe environment is desirable
- Barista experience is desirable, but must have food service experience
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a food handlers/hygiene certification (we will pay for it)
- Food Managers License is desired, but not required
- Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S. and 18 years of age or older
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a busy fast-changing environment
- Positive about embracing challenge and change, open to experimenting with fresh ideas
- Looking for development and training opportunities in the service industry
- Not required, but considered a plus: have a background in graphic design, marketing, or creative work like photography, or videography
- Believer in supportive environments, sharing with colleagues and putting the team and the mission of The Incubator at the heart of everything you do!
- Most of all… be a good person, treat others with respect, and be dependable.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with more details if your answers and experience match our open positions.